One of the most grievous sins Christians commit in the body of Christ is disobedience to Authority. Disobedience to Spiritual Authority is likened to the sin of witchcraft. 1st Samuel 15:23.
Hosea 4:6 many people disobey Spiritual Authority because of ignorance or lack of spiritual knowledge regarding Spiritual Authority.
WHAT SPIRITUAL AUTHORITY IS
Spiritual Authority is the authority or power given to a leader by God to lead and control his followers Romans 13-4.
Spiritual Authorities are established by God to bless and reward you when you do well and to discipline you when you err.
NECESSITIES OF SPIRITUAL AUTHORITY
- The Spiritual leaders are vision and leading the followers to achieve the vision making it a reality. Proverbs 29:18.
- The Spiritual leaders have the duty of growing their followers spiritually through the ministration of the word of God. Proverbs 19:2, 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
- The Spiritual Authority is also empowered to discipline erring followers so that they do not miss their place in heaven and to motivate and reward disciplines that are committed to coming to full Spiritual maturity.
- The Spiritual leaders are equipped spiritually to discern each followers Spiritual gifts and discipline them until their gifts began to manifest.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN FOLLOWERS CONSISTENTLY DISOBEY AUTHORITY
- They make leadership difficult for Spiritual Authority and cause the leaders stress that does not allow them to serve God with Joy, but with sorrow. Hebrews 13:17.
- Erring disciplines incur the wrath of God. Hebrews 10:31
- If Spiritual Authorities decides not to discipline erring disciplines or feels it is no longer necessary because of consistence disobedience, God places a cure on such discipline. A curse placed on disciplines that have erred can only be broken by God Himself.
- Erring disciplines do not receive blessings of Spiritual Authority and does not benefit from the anointing they carry. Hebrews 7:7.