What human beings hate most is poverty. Some people even hate poverty more than diseases. These account for the reason why many believers and carnal Christians are ready to go to the devil and exchange poverty for diseases. (CASE STUDY THE NOMINATED KING THAT GOT MAD). The major reasons why many hate poverty is its incapacitating, restrictive, and humiliating potentials. Proverbs 22:7, Proverbs 19: 7 and Proverbs 10:15. The only way of delivering one from the shackles of poverty is through the act of generosity towards God. Deuteronomy 8:18 and Proverbs 11:24-25.
THE TRUHS OF GENEROSITY
- The art of tithing is a way of testing God’s word. Malachi 3:10-12
- God is more generous than any living being. John 3:16 and Matthew 7:11
- Generosity emanates from love. 1John 3:16-18
- It is more blessed to give than to receive. Acts 20:35
- Treasures stored on earth can suffer loss or damage. It is only treasures stored in heaven that is safe. Matthew 6.19-21
- One of the most sacrificial acts of worship is in giving your money to God. Deutronomy 8:18, Exodus 23:25-26. Money you made that is not tithed is not blessed and does not restrict or bind the devourer. Malachi 3:10-11.
- Giving sacrificially i.e. in the time of your lack does not only provoke God’s generosity but honour as well. Luke 21.1-4
- God cannot entrust you with true riches i.e. open heavens if you are not faithful to Him in the financial blessings He has given to you. Luke 16:10-11.